Russian World Doctrine as Russian response to the crisis of the 1990s
Keywords:"Russian world", "Depreciation values", "identity", "geopolitics", "Global competition", "values", "Soft power", "Orthodoxy"
The article explores the nature, purpose and means of influencing the public consciousness of the "Russian world" phenomenon. The origins of the project, the course of its implementation in the intellectual and power circles of Russian society are shown. It is proved that as an instrument of global competition, the "Russian world" project is an alternative to the Western project of cultural development and can be quite effective.
The author concludes that under any development of events the perspective of thinking that opens within the paradigm of the "Russian world", taking into account its relevance in modern Russia, consolidating the potential and influence on the perception and interpretation of contemporary and historical events, will remain a weighty factor in shaping Russia's policy in the coming years.
Gurzhy, V.S. (2015), Consequences to Implement the Doctrine "Russky Mir" in Ukraine, Skhid, № 2, 34-40. DOI: 10.21847/1728-9343.2015.2(134).40085
Chernyshev, S. (1997), The apology of the compiler, available at: http://old.russ.ru/antolog/inoe/ (rus).
Shedrovitsky, P.G. (2000), Russian world, Niezavisimaya gazeta, 02.11, available at: http://www.ng.ru/ideas/2000-02-11/8_russian_world.html (rus)
Ivanov Igor (2006), Speech by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of theRussian Federationat the VIII World Russian People's Council, available at: https://mospat.ru/archive/page/church-and-society/30422.html (rus)
We will build Russian world! (2006), Litieraturnaya gazeta, available at: http://old.lgz.ru/archives/html_arch/lg492006/Polosy/1_1.htm
Order of the president of theRussian Federation(2007), Establishment of the fund "Russian World", available at: http://russkiymir.ru/fund/the-decree-of-the-president-of-the-russian-federation-on-creation-of-fund-russian-world.php
Kochin,Vladimir(2014), Russian World's attraction, Strategy of Russia. The publication of the Unity for Russia Foundation, available at: http://sr.fondedin.ru/new/fullnews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1409560529&archive=1409042400&start_from=&ucat=14&
Surkov, V. (2006), Nationalization of the Future, Expert № 43 (537). November 20, available at: http://expert.ru/expert/2006/43/nacionalizaciya_buduschego/
Zygar, Mikhail (2016), The whole Kremlin's army: A Brief History of Modern Russia, Intellectual Literature, Moscow, 408 p. (rus).
Lavrov, S.V. (2008), Russia and the World in the XXI century, Russiain Global Affairs, № 4, available at: http://www.globalaffairs.ru / number / n_11159.
Zavelev, I.A. (2014), The transformation of national identity and a new foreign policy doctrine of Russia, Russiain Global Affairs, № 2, available at: http://www.globalaffairs.ru/number/Granitcy-russkogo-mira--16582.
The Word of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill in the St. Nicholas Cathedral in Gorlovka (2009), available at: http://www.patriarchia. ru/db/text/707934.html
Speech by His Holiness Patriarch Cyril at the official opening of the 3d Assembly of Russian World, available at: http://www.patriarchia.ru/db/text/928446.html.
Solzhenіtsyn, A. (2008), Rebuilding Russia, Komsomolskaya Pravda, August,5, available at: http://www.msk.kp.ru/daily/24141/359116/
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Volodymyr Hurzhy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.