Blessed Gregory Lakota - a great son of the church and nation
Keywords:blessed Gregory Lakota, Greek Catholic Church, diocese of Przemysl', a clergy, the Catholic Action
The author examines the social, educational, religious activities of the blessed G. Lakota in this article. The basic milestones biography of the bishop are highlight. Established that H. Lakota paid the considerable attention to educational activities, education of clergy and youth and often has participated in the retreat, encouraged priests to spiritual exercises. The author emphasizes that the speeches and sermons of Blessed G. Lakota inspired hope for a better future and was imbued with the patriotic ideas. D. Lakota tried to convey to people the idea of the necessity of the faith and the morals in the life of each person and people in general by his word. The bishop has spoken against careless execution perform pastoral duty, emphasized on the primacy of the soul and the morals and the importance of the Catholic Action. The main purpose of the blessed G. Lakota was the formation of a new generation of the clergy, which have contributed to the revival of the national life of the Ukrainians on the principles of the Christian morality.
Blessed Gregory Lakota Przemysl’ bishop assistant. Collected messages and sermons (2005), Przemysl, 390 p. (ukr).
Prynahidni nauky y promovy (1935), Przemysl, p. 143-145 (ukr).
Yehreshii O. (2006), Bishop Gregory Khomyshyn: portrait the religious and ecclesiastical, the social and political activist, New Dawn, Ivano-Frankivsk, 168 p. (ukr).
Lentsyk V. (2004), Prominent figures of Ukrainian church: Andrei Sheptytskyi and Patriarch Joseph Blind, Svichado, Lviv, 521 p. (ukr).
Prynahidni nauky y promovy (1935), Przemysl, p. 150-153 (ukr).
Prynahidni nauky y promovy (1935), Przemysl, p. 225-227 (ukr).
Peremyski Eparkhiialni Vidomosty (1934), Przemysl, 1, (January-February), p. 8-9 (ukr).
Pavlyshyn O. (2003), The fate of activists and distress of Przemysl Ukrainian National Council (1918-1919), in: Peremyshl i Peremyska zemlia protiahom vikiv. Proceedings of materials of the International scientific conference. Przemysl 11-13 April 2002, Przemysl, Lviv, p. 107-112
Prach B. (2015), The clergy of Przemysl diocese and the Apostolic Administration of Lemkivschyna in 2 volumes, Volume 1, Ukrainian Catholic University Press, Lviv, 772 p. (ukr).
Nova Zoria (1926), 16 (May), 18, p. 8-9 (ukr).
Prystai M. (2003), Lviv Greek Catholic Seminary (1783-1945 years), Svichado, Lviv, 522 p (ukr).
Peremyski Eparkhiialni Vidomosty (1934), Przemysl, 1, (March), 2, p. 29-30 (ukr).
Stepien S. (1996), Poland-Ukraine. 1000 years the neighborhood, Volume 3, Przemysl, p. 191-218 (pol).
Stepien S. (1996), Newsletter PWIN, Przemysl, 2, p. 135-138 (pol).
Prynahidni nauky y promovy (1935), Przemysl, p. 154-159 (ukr).
Blessed Gregory Lakota Przemysl’ bishop assistant. Collected messages and sermons (2005), Przemysl, p. 105 (ukr).
Ukrainskyi holos (1919), 20 (April), 13, p. 1 (ukr).
State Archive in Przemysl (APP), Team 142, Volume IV ABGK, Ref. 9583, p. 230 (pol).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Tetyana Goran
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.