The concept "personality" in book "The Beauty of the Infinite" of David Hart
Keywords:metaphysics, post-metaphysical thinking, orthodox theology, theological aesthetics
The article critically analyzes concept of "personality" in Orthodox theology of American thinkers D.B.Hart. Personology of D.B.Hart present the contours of Orthodox postmodern theology. Orthodox thought in its historical development has experienced a significant influence metaphysical philosophy and remained until recently. Anti-metaphysical turn in Orthodox theology and religious philosophy associated with the use of phenomenology and hermeneutics in the project "theological aesthetics" by David Bentley Hart and John Panleymona Manoussakis. These American Orthodox theologians were really able to create a new type of Orthodox thought, post-metaphysical in nature. As an Orthodox theologian, D.B.Hart rejects the thesis of the inability of Orthodox thought formalize its position except in opposition to Roman Catholic theology. He accepts the doctrine of the person as a special relationship of Augustine and modern Roman Catholic theologians.
Manoussakis J.P. (2007), God after Metaphysics: A Theological Aesthetic, Indiana UP, Bloomington & Indianapolis, 213 p. (eng).
Havryliuk P. (2013), Orthodox revival: a new generation of theologians, Filosofska dumka, Sententiae: Special Issue number 3 (2012) «Christians styyanska-modern theology and philosophy», VGTU, Vinnytsia, p. 67-73 (ukr).
Marion J.-L. (2011), Metaphysics and phenomenology - the shift theology Logos. Postsekuliarnaya filosofiya, № 3 (82), Nauka, Moscow, p. 124-143 (rus).
Hart D. B. (2010), The Beauty of the Infinite: The Aesthetics of Christian Truth, Biblical Theological Institute of St. Andrew the Apostle, Moscow, 673 p. (rus).
Hart D. B. (2003), The Beauty of the Infinite: The Aesthetics of Christian Truth, Wm. B. Eerdmans, Grand Rapids (MI). (eng).
Chernomorets Yu. P. (2013), Orthodox theology towards a new paradigm / Yuriy Chernomorets, Filosofska dumka, Sententiae: Special Issue number 3 (2012) «Christian theology and modern philosophy», VGTU, Vinnytsia, р. 74-88 (ukr).
Zaviiskyi R. (2013), Influence of Catholic thought in Orthodox neopatrystyku George Florovsky and Vladimir Lossky, Filosofska dumka, Sententiae: Special Issue number 4 (2013) «Hermeneutics May-dytsiyi and modernity in theology and philosophy», VGTU, Vinnytsia, p. 74-83 (ukr).
Chernomorets Ye. (2014), Antimetaphysical twist on modern Orthodox theology and religious philosophy, Modern Science, Prague, № 4. p. 106-111 (rus).
Chernomorets Yu. P. Orthodox Theology David Bentley Hart - the new beginning in the postmodern era, available at: http://theology.in.ua/ua/bp/theologia/contemporary/44359/ (rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Kostiantyn Bublyk
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.