Methodical aspects of risk insurance companies
Keywords:insurance, risk management, reinsurance, underwriting, risk assessment techniques
The article presents a diagram of the main risk groups and highlights their causes. It is stated that the insurance companies manage risk it is advisable to allocate 4 groups of assessment methods that are most suitable and practical in the real sphere: expert, economic-statistical, computational and analytical, analog. Justified and effective methods of risk control considered. Conclusions regarding the following methods and techniques of risk management of insurance companies, which contain a number of different measures of organizational and financial nature and allow a certain extent, anticipate the consequences and the extent of damage to be reimbursed. The primary role in the management of insurance risks should be provided methods of risk financing, aimed at generating sufficient in terms of the sources of their coverage. This effect can provide underwriting system and a set of measures of risk management Risk management adopted by the insurance. In addition, the importance of risk management in the domestic practice, noted as one of the most promising directions of development of the domestic insurance market.
Bazylevych V. D. (2006), The new paradigm of security in the context of globalization, Economics. Bulletin of Kyiv National University. Taras Shevchenko, Kyiv, p. 186-195 (ukr).
Baranova V. (2010), Financial mechanism of the insurance system of Ukraine: problems of functioning and development, Abstract of thesis for the degree of candidate of economic sciences in specialty 08.00.08, Odessa, 35 p. (ukr).
Hamankova O. (2012), The insurance market in Ukrainein the global insurance space, Strakhova sprava [Insurance], number 2 (46), p. 8-12 (ukr).
Kozmenko O. V., Kozmenko S. M., Vasylieva T. A. (2011), Insurance and reinsurance markets in the era of globalization, Universytetska Knyha, Sumy, 388 p. (ukr).
Remniova L. M., Lebedynska L. D. (2007), Risk-management of an insurance company is an instrument of financial management, Business-Inform, 12, Kharkiv, p. 81-90 (ukr).
Kuzheliev M. O., Shakura O. A., Vaysero L. M. (2014), Prerequisites formation mechanism of state regulation of commercial insurance, Business Inform, 1, Kharkiv, p. 32-37 (ukr).
Pikus R. V. (2011), The development of the insurance market in the conditions of globalization, Economy, № 126, p. 15-19 (ukr).
Cummins J. D., Weiss M. A. (2009), Convergence of Insurance and Financial Markets: Hybrid and Securitized Risk-Transfer Solutions, The Journal of Risk and Insurance, 3, p. 493-545 (engl).
Hofman D. (2007), Innovations in the field of insurance can help countries to adjust the budgetary impact of natural disasters, Finance & Development, p. 42-45, available at: https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/rus/2007/03/pdf/hofman.pdf (rus).
Hempton D. (1995), Financial management in insurance companies [translated], Ankil, Moscow, 263 p. (rus).
Official website about the Insurance Europe, available at: http://www.insuranceeurope.eu/about-us (engl).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Maksym Zhytar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.