Industrial-export potential and its impact on Ukraine national security
Keywords:industrial-export potential (IEP), national security, export, internal market, industry
The article explores industrial-export potential, its components and dynamics of production forces involved in the creation of goods competitive on external and internal markets. Research comprises sensitivities of domestic industry and recommendations aimed at increase of national security level in the course of Ukraine' industrial-export potential realization.
On the basis of official statistics provided by Ukrainian and international sources we tested efficiency of export strategy of Ukraine and its impact on country national security. It was revealed that regardless good prerequisites for industrial development, country is highly dependent to external markets fluctuations. One of the risk factors detected in the course of our analysis is a tendency of domestic goods comparative advantage deterioration during 2002-2014 years. For years internal market potential was ignored and it caused almost uncontrolled substitution of domestic products by competitive products of foreign origin. At the same time market share of some products which reveal competitive is insignificant.In order to increase export strategy efficiency it should correspond to national security agenda. It means control over trade risk level, product security, quality standard control and other instruments available on the government level. Offered measures aimed at economic growth and higher level of Ukraine' national security created based on math modeling results.
DonetsYu. Yu. (1978), Efficiency of industrial potential use, Znanniya, Kiyev (rus).
Stechenko D. M. (2002), Placement of productive forces and regionalistics, Vikar, Kyiv, 295 p. (ukr).
The Boston Consulting Group (the official website), available at: http://www.bcg.com (access date 01 December 2015) (engl).
The Manufacturing Institute (the official website), available at: http://www.themanufacturinginstitute.org (access date 01 December 2015) (engl).
Analytical resource Vkurse (the official website), available at: http://vkurse.ua/ua/business/v-ukraine-ne-edyat-britanskogo-myasa.html (access date 01 December 2015) (rus).
Ukraine State Statistics Service (the official website), available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua (access date 01 December 2015) (ukr).
Worldbank (the official website), available at: http://wits.worldbank.org (access date 01 December 2015) (engl).
State Tax Service of Ukraine (the official website), available at: http://sfs.gov.ua/ (access date 01 December 2015) (ukr).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Yulia Hershunenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.