What is Modern: discourse on modernization as way of self-comprehension of Modern
Keywords:Modern, modernization, modernity, discours, rationality
In the article an attempt of inteprepretation the discourse about modernization as a way of self-understanding the Modern is being made. Importance of this way, which at the time of postmodernist denial of universal ways of cognition appears as one of a few legitimate variants of rational comprehension of the Modern, is being marked. However, the analysis of several authoritative concepts in this sphere allows to come to a conclusion that Modern is a local cultural formation, expansionist ideology of which doesn't turn non-Modern states into new regions of Modern, but directs their development to the path of satellites of Modern.
Alexander J. C. (2013), The Meanings of Social Life: A Cultural Sociology, Praxis, Moscow, 640 p. (rus).
Bilokobylskyi O. (2008), The foundations and strategies of the Modern rationality, Parapan, Кyiv, 244 p. (rus).
Bechmann G. (2014), Modern society: risk society, information society, knowledge society, Logos, Moscow, 248 p. (rus).
Festherstone M., Lash S., Robertson R. (2008), Global Modernities, Nika-Tsentr, Кyiv, 400 p. (ukr).
Efremenko D. (2006), Eco-Political discourses. The emergence and evolution, ISISS RAS, 284 p. (rus).
Latour B. (2006), We Have Never Been Modern, European University Press, S-Petersberg, 240 p. (rus).
Lukach J. (2003), The End of the Twentieth Century and the End of the Modern Age, Science, S-Petersberg, 256 p. (rus).
Fedotova V. (2010), Changing sociality: new forms of modernization and progress, IPHRAS, Moscow, 274 p. (rus).
Muravykh А. (1984), Materialization of the noospheric-ecological idea, Safety, 1984, № 3, p. 87 (rus).
Fedotova V. (2013), Socio-philosophical analysis of modernization: theories, models, experience, IPHRAS, Moscow, 221 p. (rus).
Hösle V. (1994), Philosophy and Ecology, Kami, Moscow, 192 p. (rus).
Global Trends 2025. A Transformed World. National Intelligence Council Report (2008), US Government Printing Office, Washington, 99 p. (eng).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Victor Levytskyi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.