Piety of human existence according to Antonii Surozkyi
Keywords:existence, identity, modern orthodox theology, religious experience
The paper presents a system theological and philosophical analysis of Antonii Surozkyi's teaching regarding communication with God as the basis of human existence.The prominent and influential orthodox theologian of the 20th century Metropolitan Antonii Surozkyi proves that openness to the transcendental is characteristic of an individual. This relationship of a person with God is multidimensional and includes (1) faith as spiritual knowledge of 'the unknown', (2) religious experience as an event of meeting God, (3) cognition of the self and church community in the light of knowledge of Christ as the ideal example, (4) understanding of the self and general world history in the context of sacred history. Piety of human existence as expression of openness to God governs its moral development and mystic life as well as makes possible Christian knowledge, values and development of church culture as personal lifeworld.
Antoniy Surozhskiy (Anthony Bloom) (2007), Faith [Vera], Tirazh-51, Kramatorsk, 271 p. (rus).
Antoniy Surozhskiy (Anthony Bloom) (2012), The confidence in things unseen. Recent conversations Nikeya, Moscow, 288 p. (rus).
Antoniy Surozhskiy (Anthony Bloom) (2007), Works. Book Two, Praktika, Moscow, 968 p. (rus).
Antoniy Surozhskiy (Anthony Bloom) (2010), Man to God, Kamo hriadeshy, Kyiv, 348 p. (rus).
Zaytsev A. N. (2009), Metropolitan Anthony Bloom: life, creativity, mission, Eksmo, Moscow, 352 p. (rus).
Kyrzhelev A. (2010), Man to God, Kamo hriadeshy, Kyiv, pр. 10-22 (rus).
Makar N. (2004), Anthropology V.N. Lossky and Metropolitan Anthony of Sourozh, Kyiv, pр. 177-185 (rus).
Sedakova O. (2010), Moralia, Universitet Dmitria Pozharskogo, Moscow, 864 p. (rus).
Filonenko A. (2010), Visnyk Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu im.V.N.Karazina, 904, Issue: teoriya kultury i filosofiya nauky. Special Issue 1, pp. 175-189 (rus).
Chernomorets Yu., Anthony Bloom: Christian witness in a time of change available at: http://www.religion.in.ua/main/bogoslovya/26128-antonij-surozhskij-xristianskoe-svidetelstvo-v-yepoxu-peremen.html (rus).
Geisler N., Corduan W. (1988), Philosophy of Religion, Baker Book House, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 402 p. (engl).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Volodymyr Grytsyshyn
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.