Crisis, war or conflict - how to correctly named the events in Eastern Ukraine?
Keywords:Eastern Ukraine, crisis, war, hybrid war, aggression, conflict.
The article deals with the most frequently used in journalism concepts, claiming to be a generalized name of the events taking place in Eastern Ukraine. We analyze the concept of "crisis", "war", "hybrid war", "aggression", "conflict". It is provedthat, given the factors of internal division and external aggression hybrid nature of most correct to use the category of "conflict". This will allow the use of the potential conflictological paradigm of modern sociology and clarify objectives and means, subjects and objects of the East Ukrainian conflict. In this case, depending on the level (local, national, civilizational, global) one and same social communities, groups, institutions and persons can act as subjects and as objects of conflict.
Gasparyan D. E. (2011), Introduction to non-classical philosophy, ROSPEN, Moscow, 398 p. (rus).
Glushchenko V. V. (2008), Introduction to the science of crisis. Science of financial crisis. Crisis management, Glushchenko Publisher, Moscow, p. 88 (rus).
Political crisis, available at: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki (rus).
Illarionov A. (2014) Mechanical Operation Orange. Lecture in Tbilisi. September 2014, available at: http://vidoz.pp.ua/video/QZbFjkNfP6R.html (rus).
Promulgated UN report on human rights in Ukraine, available at: http://religions.unian.ua/religinossociety/1012058-oprilyudnena-dopovid-oon-z-prav-lyudini-v-ukrajini.html (ukr).
During operations in the East killed 10 thousand Ukrainians, Korrespondent.net, 2014 8 august, available at: http://korrespondent.net/ukraine/politics/3403249-za-vremia-operatsyy-na-vostoke-pohyblo-10-tysiach-ukrayntsev-nardep (rus).
Sivkov K. (2013), Military Industrial Courier, № 7(475), 20-26 February, p. 5.
Gusarov V. Information accents the new military doctrine of the Kremlin, available at: http://sprotyv.info/ru/news/11034-informacionnye-akcenty-novoy-voennoy-doktriny-kremlya (rus).
Gerasimov V. (2013), Military Industrial Courier, № 8(476)б 27 February - 5 March, pр. 2-3 (rus).
The EU said they were not ready to accept deployments of on the Donets Basin due to the lack of information, available at: http://www.unian.ua/politics/1009408-v-es-zayavili-scho-ne-gotovi-viznati-prisutnist-viysk-rf-na-donbasi-cherez-brak-informatsiji.html (ukr).
Definition of Aggression. Approved by resolution 3314 (XXIX) of the General Assembly of 14 December 1974, available at: http://www.un.org/ru/documents/decl_conv/conventions/aggression.shtml (rus).
Gonchar M., Chubik A., Ishchuk O. Hybrid warfare in Eastern Europe. Non-military dimension. energy component, available at: http://geostrategy.org.ua
Glukhovskyy M. (2015), Miroslav Popovich: strategic goal for Europe is to remove Putin from power, Glavkom, 2015, 9 January, available at: http://glavcom.ua/articles/25600.html (rus).
Darendorf Ralf (2001), Modern social conflict, in: Foreign sociologists of the twentieth century: A Reader. Texts, Dnepropetrovsk, pp. 264-271 (rus).
Glazunov V. V. (2015), Culturological Bulletin: Scientific-theoretical collection Lower Dnieper, Vol. 34, Zaporizhzhya, pp. 89-96 (ukr).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Roman Dodonov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.