Hybrid War in Ukraine: Oligarchic Discourse
Keywords:hybrid warfare, technology, oligarchy, information resource.
This article is devoted to the phenomenon of hybrid war. Based on the fact that the military actions can be represented as the particular process, it is proposed to analyze the phenomenon on the technological approach. In addition, the study of the phenomenon does not occur within the traditional "democratic paradigm", and based on the assertion that in modern Ukraine the model of social and political order with an oligarchs in the center was formed. All state institutions and segments of civil society are in a tough financial and economic dependence from the social group of oligarchs.
The goals, objectives, principles, directions, forms, methods and techniques of conducting hybrid warfare are discussed. The general and the particular to the phenomena of the conventional war and the hybrid war is determined. Focuses on the complex nature of the phenomenon, its layered structure. In this connection, emphasizes the fact that the main actors of the war at different levels perform different roles, which is fixed by experts who analyze the situation. In particular, Ukraine can be considered as the subject of a hybrid war at the regional level, but it also becomes the purpose and the object as to the subjects of higher geopolitical level.
In general, the phenomenon of hybrid war characterized by a lack of principles in building of the technological process. In the specific case of Ukraine, the lack of clear principles in the organization of the process dictated by economic interests of oligarchic clans that joined the struggle for the redistribution model in securing ownership of tools and means of production. Other elements of the process of the hybrid war are serve the implementation of the corporate interests of the oligarchs.
In addition, the Ukrainian oligarchic structures are the link, the conductor for the interests of oligarchic structures of higher global level. The main tool in this struggle is the information - the main resource of the era, on which the oligarchs try to win a monopoly. Thus, we can talk about the oligarchic discourse of the hybrid war in Ukraine, as invariably present oligarchic component in all its elements.
Julia D. (2000), War. Philosophical Dictionary, External Affairs, Moscow, 554 p. (rus).
War, in Konstantinov V. F. (Ed.), Philosophical Encyclopedia, in 5 v., Soviet Encyclopedia (1960-1970), available at: dictionary/1019130/word/voina (rus).
Lenin V. I. (1969), Works, Moscow, Vol. 26, pp. 135-136 (rus).
Datsyuk S. Strategy of Ukrainian victory in the war with Russia, available at: http://hvylya.net/analytics/geopolitics/strategiya-pobedyi-ukrainyi-v-voyne-s-rossiey.html (rus).
Dyachenko V. Hybrid war as a consequence sclerosis, available at: http://www.from-ua.com/articles/324689-gibridnaya-voina-kak-sledstvie-skleroza.html (rus).
Hybrid War, available at: http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Гибридная война (rus).
Asymmetric War, available at: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ассиметричная война (rus).
Glazunov V. V. (2011), Oligarchic transformations, KPU, Zaporizhzha, 363 p. (rus).
Matviyenko N. It is a clan fight in the area of the ATO, available at: http://inpress.ua/ru/politics/38168-nina-matvienko-v-zone-ato-idet-klanovaya-borba-video (rus).
Kolomoisky admitted in the triple citizenship, available at: http://gazeta.ua/ru/articles/politics/_kolomojskij-priznalsya-v-trojnom-grazhdanstve/584512) (rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Vladimir Glazunov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.