Main approaches to definition of concept 'conflict'
Keywords:conflict, contradiction, crisis, political conflict, approaches.
The paper looks into a theoretical aspect of conflict definition: the main theoretical approaches to definition of the concept 'conflict' are identified, different definitions of the above concept reviewed, specifically those offered by Y. Matsievskii, D. Feldman, Y. Stepanov, V. Andreiev, D. Dzvinchuk, A. Lypnytskii and other researchers.
The difference between the concepts of 'contradiction', 'crisis' and 'conflict' is shown. It is demonstrated that the conflict is always rooted in disagreement or contradiction. The conflict may be resolved through settlement of discord and discrepancy or escalate into an open clash or violent fight.
Complexity and versatility of the phenomenon of conflict encourage its further research. And today of primary topicality is examination of the conflict in the Donbas.
Andreyev V. (1992), Conflictology. The art of the dispute, negotiation, conflict resolution, Kazan, 142 p. (rus).
Borozenets T. (2008), The worldview dimension of the religious conflictness, Proceedings of the Institute of political and ethnonational studies them. I. F. The Kuras of the NAS of Ukraine, V. 42, pp. 114-123 (ukr).
Gorlatsh M., Kremen V. (2009), Politology: the science on politics, Center for educational literature, Kyiv, 840 p. (ukr).
Dahrendorf R. (2003), Society and Freedom, in V. P. Andrushenko (Ed.) Philosophy of politics: reader in 4 v., V. 3, Knowledge of Ukraine, Kyiv, pp. 24-31 (rus).
Dzvinchuk D. (1999), Conflicts and aproaches of resolution of them, Viche, № 5(86), pp. 11-16 (ukr).
Dmitriyev A., Kudriavtsev V., Kudriavtsev S. (1993), Entry to the general theory of conflicts, V. 1, Centre for conflictology researches of RAS, Moscow, 212 p. (rus).
Zhekalo H. (2014), The question of the relationship between the concepts of "conflict", "contradiction" or "rivalry", Regional politics in the context of European integration: materials of all-Ukrainian scientific-practical conference (September 12, 2014), Ivano-Frankivsk, pp. 16-20 (ukr).
Kotygorenko V. (2003), Knowledge of social conflict: absolute or relative?, Political management, № 2, pp. 137-155, available at: http://www.politik.org.ua/vid/magcontent.php3?m=1&n=16&c=132. (ukr).
Kukuruz O. (2008), Regulation of political conflicts, in Gorbatenko V. P. (Ed.) Applied science, Кyiv, pp. 256-270. (ukr).
Lantsov S. (2008). Political conflictology, Piter, S-Petersburg, 319 p. (rus).
Leonov N. (2001), The ontological essence of the conflict, Yaroslavl psychological Bulletin, V. 4, pp. 67-72, available at: http://udik.com.ua/books/book-1132/chapter-39789/. (rus).
Lipnitskiy A. (2004), Conflictology: A course of lectures, PMC MDC MIA of Russia, Moscow, 64 p. (rus).
Marx К., Engels F. Capital, Collected works, 2-nd ed., V. 23, 908 p. (rus).
Matsievskiy Yu. (2004), Theoretical aspects of the analysis of social conflict: multiple conceptual approaches, Human and Politics, № 3, pp. 115-129. (ukr).
Yaremchuk S. (2008), Bases of conflictology: lecture notes, Ruta, Chernivtsi, 80 p. (ukr).
Svetlov V, Semenov V. (2011), Conflictology, Piter, S-Petersburg, 352 p. (rus).
Stepanov E. (2001), Methodology the analysis of social conflict: General approaches and concepts, in Ryabtsev V., Shitiv M. (Ed.) Conflictology, Rostov-on-Don, pp. 59-72 (rus).
Feldman D. (1997), Politology of conflict, Мoscow, 287 p. (rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Hanna Zhekalo
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.