The role of Christian scholars from Armenia in the Arab Caliphate
Keywords:Armenia, Arab Caliphate, islam, christianity, scientists
The author analyzes the place and role of the scientist of Armenian origin in the Arab Caliphate during the Muslim conquest of Armenia using information Arab Muslim historical and biographical dictionaries. The author shows that the Armenian physicians along with physicians Greeks and Syrians played an important role in informing the peoples of the Arab Caliphate, the ancient Greek medical literature.
Avanesyan H. A. (2013), Bulletin of Medical Internet Conferences, Vol. 3. Issue 11 (rus).
An-Nadym. Kitab al-Fihrist, available at: http://www.alwaraq.net.
As-Safady. Kitab al-vafibi-al-vafayat, available at: http://www.alwaraq.net.
Girgas V. (1865) The rights of Christians in the East Under Muslim Laws, Saint Petersburg, 107 p. (rus).
Dvorkin A. L. (2005), Essays on the History of the Orthodox Church, Izdatelstvo Bratstva vo imia sv. kniazia Aleksandra Nevskoho, Nizhniy Novgorod, 340 p. (rus).
Ibn Abi 'Usaybyy'a. Uyun Akhbar al-Tabaqat al-fi atibba', available at: http://www.alwaraq.net.
Panchenko K. (2003), Orthodox Palestinian collection, Vol. 100, pp. 153-163 (rus).
Pigulevskaya N.V. (1979), Culture Syrians in the Middle Ages, Nauka, Moscow, 249 p. (rus).
Posnov E. M. (2002), History of the Christian Church, Holy Trinity Orthodox School, 340 p. (rus).
Sorokina T. S. (2009), Medical History, Vol. 1, Akademia, Moscow, 560 p. (rus).
Ter-Gevondian A. N. (1977), Armenia and the Arab Caliphate, AN Armyanskoy SSR, Yerevan, 326 p. (rus).
Ibnal-Qifti's (1903), Ta'rih al-Hukama', Auf Grand der Vorarbeiten Aug. Millers hrsg. Von J. Lippert, 525 p. (engl).
Robson J. (1999), Christ in Islam, Religion, London, 162 p. (engl).
Triton A. (1930), The Caliphs and their non-Muslim subjects, London (engl).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Daria Meshcheriakova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.