European strategic culture and security challenges for Ukraine
Keywords:стратегічна культура, безпекова парадигма, політика безпеки.
The article analyzed the basic principles and factors of strategic culture, the main features of European strategic behavior. Examined and described components of the Ukrainian strategic culture. The author concludes that the main problem of forming Ukrainian strategic culture is lack of primary components of strategic military and political paradigms. That's why the state security policy, institutional frameworks, and decisions process are not reflect to the national interest and can't be effective.
Ukrainian strategic culture defined as a set of interrelated elements of the national political culture, behavior and decisions of the elite, aims to preserve the territorial integrity, values and social cohesion and focused on factors affecting the process of its formation.
The EU geostrategic culture also must accept challenge of the international security and continue to develop security and defense policy, simultaneously recognize Ukraine strategic culture as the part of the European, transatlantic ideology civilization.
Biava Alessia, Drent Margriet, Herd Graeme P. (2011), Journal of Common Market studies, Vol. 49, iss. 6. pp. 1227-1248 (engl). doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5965.2011.02195.x
Booth K., Smith S., (1994), International Relations Theory Today, Cambridge (engl).
Gray C. S., Journal of the US Army War College, Vol. 14, 4, pp. 26-33, available at: http://strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/pubs/parameters/Articles/1984/1984%20gray.pdf. (engl).
Czaja J. (2008), Kulturowe czynniki bezpieczestwa, Krakw, 322 p. (pol).
Loughurst K. (2000), Strategic Culture: The Key to understanding German Security Policy, Birmingham, p. 200 (engl).
Barnier Michel (2005), Oxford Journal on Good Governance, Vol. 2, 1, March, 66 p. (engl).
A Project Air Force Report prepared for the United States Air Force (1977), September, available at: http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/reports/2005/R2154.pdf. (engl).
Poltorakov O. (2008), Strategichna panorama, 2, p. 126 (ukr).
Havrylyshyn Bohdan, The future starts with a dream ..., available at: http://bhfoundation.com.ua/news/news_796.html (ukr).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Natalya Kryvoruchko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.