Labor market in Ukraine: development, factors and regulation requirements
Keywords:labour market, mixed economy, the mechanism of regulation, accounting mechanism of regulation, the programs of employment
The paper reviews the labor market with account of its being an economic category while performing as an important subsystem of mixed economy. Such a methodological approach allowed to more accurately identify factors and attributes of the labor market, specifically in Ukraine, and substantiate the logic of the approach to an objective necessity of its regulation in mixed economy. Assuming the operational logic of the specific mechanism for mixed economy regulation, which is based on the necessity to combine market and planning (public) management methods, the author substantiates the need for such a regulation method for the labor market as well.
It is concluded that the labor market of Ukraine necessitates, firstly, the development and implementation of specific employment programs, supplemented with individual programs for youth, and, secondly, the allowance for regional differences in the socio-economic development, which require regional employment programs.Further, the author explores negative situations in the performance of the Ukrainian labor market, which have to be allowed for in the above-mentioned programs, and analyzes the expediency of retaining such a time-tested way of influencing the labor market as target agreements.
Tarasenko H. D., Holovіnov O. M. (2005), Nauchnye trudy Donetskogo natsionalnogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Scholarly works of the Donetsk National Technical University], Donetsk, Vol. 97, Series economic, pp. 115-123 (ukr).
Gorina Ye. Ye. (2009), Trud i sotsialnye otnosheniya, № 6, pp. 125-128 (rus).
Zaiats Т. А., Zhakhovska V. L. (2008), National labor market and its youth segment: methodology, practice and development prospects (monograph), Feniks, Kyiv, 312 p. (ukr).
Sled О. М., Hukova A. I. (2013), Ekonomika ta pravo [Economics and Law], № 1, pp. 95-100 (ukr).
Shevchenko L. S. (2007), Labor market: modern economic and theoretical analysis, (monograph), Kharkiv, 336 p. (ukr).
Keynes J. M. (2002), General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money. Anthology of economic classics, Moscow, 352 p. (rus).
Friedman M. (1996), The quantity theory of money, Moscow, 131 p. (rus).
Galbraith J. K. (1969), Economic theory and goals of society, Moscow, 480 p. (rus).
Leontiev V. (1990), Economic essays, Moscow, 236 с. (rus).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Grigorii Shtein
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.