Problems of urban governance in emergency and crisis situations
Keywords:urban governance, emergencies, crisis situation, crisis management of the city
In the article the problem of the system of urban management in emergency and crisis situations were considered. Composition and functions of the municipal government have been characterized. It was disclosed the concept of "emergency" and "crisis". Typology of crisis and emergency situations include: natural disasters, manmade disasters, sanitary-epidemiological, socio-political and economic crises. Crises have been classified: the reasons of occurrence, in the sphere of manifestation, on the possibilities of forecasting and duration. Typical measures to manage the liquidation of emergency situations in the city have been identified. Principles and steps of the City of crisis management are presented. Analysis was performed operational management experience life support in an emergency situation caused by the fighting. Was justified by the implementation of additional features for managing urban emergency response and overcome the consequences of the social, economic and environmental crisis. Perform additional functions involves restoration of vital facilities of the city, which are damaged by the fighting. Additional features of urban governance provide fault detection of communal, social, engineering, road infrastructure. Function provides an assessment permanently damaged facilities. Function ensures the development of the investment project for restoration of urban infrastructure. Analysis functions provide resource support the restoration project. Functions provide monitoring restoration projects of urban infrastructure.
Babaiev V. M. (2010), Management of a large city: theoretical and applied aspects, monograph, Kharkiv, 307 p. (ukr).
Melnyk A. F., Monastyrskyi H. L. (2007), Development Management of municipalities: theory, methodology, practice, monograph, Ternopіl, 476 p. (ukr).
Golovanov V. I. (1998), Management and self-management in a big city: theory, experience, organization, Moscow, 483 p. (rus).
Kharitonova N. A., Levinzon N. L. (2013), Formation mechanism of crisis management of the municipal economy, available at: http://www.e-c-m.ru/magazine/64/eau_64_62.htm (rus).
Ryakhovskaya A. N., Alekseyeva, E. Yu., Andreyev S. Ye. (2000), Anticrisis management in municipal union, Moscow, 309 p. (rus).
Sharov Ju. P. (2010), Anticrisis technology in municipal governance: project aspect, Publichne upravlinnia [Public Administration], 2, pp. 190-193 (ukr).
Vasyleva N. V. (2010), Crisis management of Territorial Development, Derzhavne upravlinnia: udoskonalennia ta rozvytok, 10, available at: http://www.dy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=85 (ukr).
McDonald, John F. (2007), Urban America: Growth, Crisis, and Rebirth. M.E.Sharpe, Inc., 377 р. (engl).
Tye R., Williams G. (1994), Urban Regeneration and Central-Local Government Relations: The Case of East Manchester, Progress in Planning, 42, pp. 1-97 (engl).
Thorns, David C. (2002), Transformation of Cities: Urban Theory and Urban Cities, Palgrave Macmillan, Gordonsville, VA. USA, 273 p. (engl).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Serhiy Bogachov, Marina Melnikova
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.