Miner's traditions and beliefs in medieval Europe like organizational factor of mining society's formation and development
Keywords:miners' traditions, beliefs, tutelar saints of miners, monastic order, Cistercians, organizational factor, motivation model, miners' societies, mining law
Little-studied issues of miners' society organization is analyzed in the article. Role of miners' traditions and beliefs is shown in foundation and development mining. Influence of Cistercian's Order for beginning of mining was under consideration. Monastic organization and religious motivation of "White Friars" for mining were scope. Christian and professional traditions' influence on life organization of mining artelsand on formation special feature of miners' societies was reveal. Tutelar saints of miners were describe, particular - St. Barbara. Traditions and beliefs were considered from the side of mining society's separateness, protection of miner's knowledge and experience from wide spread occurrence, it gave them special privileges. Question of tradition revival for modern professional and students' environment was studied.
Agricola Georgius, ed. V. Biletsky, G. Gayko (2014), On the Mining jobs, East Publishing House, Donetsk, 236 p. (ukr).
Bucks K., ed. G. I. Nemkova (1986), Riches bowels of the earth, translation from German, Progress, Moscow, 384 p. (rus).
Gregory C. E. (1980), A Concise History of Mining, Pergamon Press, Oxford, London, New York, Paris, Frankfurt (engl).
Wilsdorf H. (1987), Kulturgeschichte des Bergbaus, Verlag Gluckauf, Essen (ger).
Mikos T. (2008), Gornicze skarby przeszlosci. Od kruszcu do wyrobu i zabytkowej kopalni, Uczelniane wydawnictwa naukowo-dydaktyczne, Krakow (pol).
Gayko G., Mikos T., Khmura Ya., Brovender Yu., Kinash R. (2005), The Wonderful World of ancient mining industry, scientific-popular Essay, Donetsk State Technical University, Alchevsk, 130 p. (ukr).
Grinko N. K., Grun V. D., Lunev V. G. (2011), Bowels of the spiritual culture mining industry, Image-Press, Moscow, 372 p. (rus).
Saluga P., Gajko G. (2004), Swieta Barbara, Biuletyn informacyjny Szkoly Eksploatacji Podziemnej, Krakow (pol).
Gritskov V. V. (2003), About religious the patronage of mining engineering, Surveying Bulletin, № 3, pp. 67-69 (rus).
Gayko G. I., Biletsky V. (2013), Mining industry history, Publishing House of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Publishing House "Lado", Kyiv, Alchevsk, 542 p. (ukr).
Agricola Georgius (2006), Talk about Mining jobs, Memo history mining industry and metallurgy in 1778, Donetsk branch of the Shevchenko Scientific Society, Donetsk, 200 p. (ukr).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2014 Gennadiy Gayko, Volodymyr Biletsky
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.