Migrants as a resource of the precariat
Keywords:precariat, migrants, anomie, uncertainty, transgression, solidarity
The article is devoted to new socio-economic processes in the construction of labor relations and the formation of the workforce, as well as the socio-cultural and political consequences of these transformations. The precariat is considered as a socio-economic phenomenon, which objectively arises against the background of uncertainty and rapid changes of the modern era. The author focuses on the study of social characteristics and risks of the precariat. This particularly concerns migrants who join the ranks of a new social layer.
The relationship between social anomie and the transgressive state of migrants and other fractions of the precariat is clarified. The influence of objective global processes and the situationality of everyday life on the active integration of new forms of employment into the socio-economic space is shown. It has been proven that solidarity is an effective strategy for adapting a person to the conditions of uncertainty in the life of migrants and the risks of the precariat way of being.
Bauman, Z. (2013). Plynni chasy. Zhyttya v dobu nevpevnenosti [Transl. from Engl]. Kyiv, Krytyka. 176 p. (In Ukrainian)
Gerardi, Steven (2020). Durkheim’s Sociological Analy-sis of Suicide. Sociology Mind. 10 (2). https://doi.org/10.4236/sm.2020.102007
Durkheim, Е. (2005). Suicide: A Study in Sociology [Тransl. by J. A. Spaulding and G. Simpson]. London, Routledge. 374 р.
Kolinko, M. (2019a). Mizhkulturna komunikatsiya: vid rozriznennya do vklyuchennya. Intercultural Commu-nication. 6 (1), 189–212 (In Ukrainian).
Kolinko, M. (2019b). Mizhkulturna komunikatsiya: topolohichnyy vymir. Vinnytsya: TVORY Ltd. 344 p. (In Ukrainian).
Kolinko, M. (2019c). Nomadism as a way of being of the immigrants and internally displaced persons. EU-REKA: Social and Humanities. 2, 56–62.
Liakh, V. V., & Lukashenko, M. V. (2020). Philosophical analysis of a person’s self-reflection in the context of internal dialogue. Anthropological Measurements of Philosophical Research, (17), 18–27. https://doi.org/10.15802/ampr.v0i17.206671
Rowlands, Anna (2017). Hannah Arendt: On Displace-ment and Political Judgement. Refugee Hosts. 01.02.2017. https://refugeehosts.org/2017/02/01/hannah-arendt-on-displacement-and-political-judgement/
Standing, Guy (2014) The Precariat. Contexts. 13 (4), 10–12. https://doi.org/10.1177/1536504214558209
Standing, G. (2011). The Precariat: The New Dangerous Class. London and New York: Bloomsbury Academ-ic.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Марина Колінько
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.