The Armenians of Lviv in Management of the Polish Underground Organization “Union of Armed Struggle” in 1939-1940-s
Keywords:Soviet occupation of Lviv, “Union of Armed Struggle”, the Armenians Catholics, Zigmund Chrzontovskyi, Adam Bogdanovych, Cheslav Kaniak
AbstractThe work is devoted to the creation of “live” images of the history based on the materials of the particular historical sources (Ya. Daschkevych). The authors have endeavored to establish the circumstances of sentencing the members of the Polish underground organization and publicized the standard schemes of the Soviet investigation and justice in the 30-40-s of the 20th century by examining the personal criminal cases of three participants of the Polish underground organization “Union of Armed Struggle”, namely the Armenians of Lviv Zigmund Chrzontovskyi (engineer-agronomist), Adam Bogdanovych (canon of the Armenian Catholic Chapterhouse in Lviv) and Cheslav Kaniak (prior of Dominican Cathedral). Summarizing the materials, interrogation protocols of the arrested and witnesses, the authors have demonstrated as the Soviet investigative authorities and court completely rejected human rights, appropriated the confiscated material assets. Furthermore, the great authority of the Armenian Catholic Church in Lviv and high level of patriotism among its representatives are depicted.
Artizov, A. N. (ed.) (2012). Ukrainskiye natsionalisticheskiye organizatsii v gody Vtoroy mirovoy voyny. Dokumenty. Vol. 1: 1939-1943. Moscow: Rossiyskaya politicheskaya entsiklopediya (ROSSPEN), 878 s. Retrieved from http://archives.ru/library/ukrainian-nationalist-organization-second-world-war-volume-1/files/assets/common/downloads/publication.pdf (In Russian).
Dashkevych, Ya. (1997). Obyektyvne i subyektyvne v prosopohrafiyi. Ukrayinskyy biohrafichnyy slovnyk: istoriya i problematyka stvorennya. Paper proseeding. (Lviv, October, 8-9 1996): 40-47 (In Ukrainian).
Gonzalez, Quintana Antonio (2010). Arkhivy sluzhb bezpeky kolyshnikh represyvnykh rezhymiv. Report for UNESCO of the International Council of Archives. Access to archival documents: law and practice. Kharkiv: Human Rights.
Hayuk, I. Ya. (2019). Osoblyvosti formuvannya etnokulturnoyi samosvidomosti virmen na ukrayinskykh zemlyakh. Mystetstvoznavchi zapysky. 35: 3-8. Retrieved from http://journals.uran.ua/mz/article/download/179397/181314 (In Ukrainian).
Kolakowski, Piotr (2002). NKWD i GRU. Na ziemiach Polskich 1939-1945. Warszawa: Dom wydawniczy Bellona, 388 s. (In Polish)
Kotarska, Elżbietą (1998). Proces czternastu. Oficyna wydawnicza Volumen. Warszawa, 299 s. (In Polish).
Levyk, B., & Skorniewski, M. (2019). “The Case of Fourteen” and the Polish Anti-Soviet Underground in Lviv during 1939-1941. Skhid. 6(164), 16-22. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21847/1728-9343.2019.6(164).185935
Mazur, Grzegorz & Węgierski, Jerzy (1997). Konspiracja Lwowska 1939-1944. Słownik biograficzny. Wydawnictwo Unia, 256 s. (In Polish)
Osipyan, O. (2004). Dovhoochikuvana rekonstruktsiya «neochikuvanykh natsiy». Ukrayinskyy humanitarnyy ohlyad. 10: 155-171 (In Ukrainian).
Starovoytenko, I. (2006). Prosopohrafiya: pidkhody do traktuvannya zmistu naukovoyi dystsypliny v istoriohrafiyi. Spetsialni istorychni dystsypliny: pytannnya teoriyi ta metodyky. 13: 6.-27. Retrieved from http://resource.history.org.ua/publ/sid_2006_13_1_6 (In Ukrainian).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Bohdan Levyk, Mariusz Skorniewski
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.