Resources and sustainable development in Ukraine: local peculiarities and perspectives
Keywords:sustainable development, city authorities, city community, social security and social development of the city
The article substantiates the idea of functioning of the city on the basis of the strategy of sustainable development, examines the tasks and activities of city institutions that ensure the sustainability of interactions and promote social development in practice. The resolution documents of the municipal authorities of the city of Mariupol are analyzed and the distribution of the basic conditions of sustainable resource use and the tasks of the local government is carried out. The primary tasks of the city government, the solution of which will bring the city closer to the standards of sustainable development, are singled out. The course of solving these problems is shown and recommendations for sustainable development at the city level are formed.
Denevizyuk, D. A. & Tsapieva, O. K. & Agaragimov, M. M. (2007). Integral assessment of the sustainable development of the city. Economic analysis: theory and practice. No. 20 (101). P. 56-68. (rus).
Zasadko, V. and Lyska, O. (2013). The public opinion on the state of waste management in the cities of Ukraine. Analytical Report. Kyiv: Association of Ukrainian Cities, 82 p. (ukr).
Batalov, A. A. & Zasadko, V. V. (2014). Ensuring sustainable urban development as a component of socio-economic modernization of the regions of Ukraine. Analytical note. Available at: http://old2.niss.gov.ua/articles/1611/ (ukr).
Denevizyuk, D. А. (2012). Sustainable development of the city: questions of the theory and methods of assessment. Regional problems of economic transformation. №2. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/ustoychivoe-razvitie-goroda-voprosy-teorii-i-metodika-otsenki (rus).
Transparent cities. The transparency rating of the 100 largest cities in Ukraine. Mariupol. Available at: https://transparentcities.in.ua/city/mariupol/ (ukr).
Methodology for assessing the transparency of cities. Available at: https://transparentcities.in.ua/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Metodolohiya_druk.pdf (ukr).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Denys Tarasenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.