The image of the city embodied in architecture rationalistic modern style of Alexander Verbitsky
Keywords:city, architecture, rationalist modernist, Alexander Verbitsky
AbstractAn image of architectural forms created in the urban environment always attracted interest. Researching of city space, in particular an architectural image of the city and its influence on consciousness of inhabitants, is considered to be important in this context. In formation of new images of city space modern architects conduct search of forms which would be connected with national tradition and, at the same time, met production requirements of modern town planning. Research objective - to reveal features of a rationalistic modernist style in Ukraine on the example of works of the famous Ukrainian architect Alexander Matveevich Verbitsky. Research problems: 1) to track features of the Ukrainian rationalistic modernist style in the architectural forms created by A. M. Verbitsky; 2) to render the general signs of style of national architecture on examples of the buildings built in Kyiv; 3) to determine the value of inheritance of a rationalistic modernist style in Kyiv, ways of its preservation as component of the all-European inheritance.
Bulakh, I.and Cherkes, B. S. (Ed.) and Petryshyn, G. P. (Ed.). 2014. In Theoretical experience of symbolization in creative urbanism. Lviv: Publishing House of Lviv Polytechnic: 577-583 (ukr).
Gutnov, A.E. and Glazychev, V.L. 1990. The World of Architecture: The Face of the City. Moscow: Molodaja Gvardiya, 352 p. (rus).
Sliptsov, O. S. and Ivashko, Yu. V. 2013. Ukrainian architectural modernism as evidence of the identity of the people. Modern Problems of Architecture and Urban Development: Sci. Tech. collection. Issue 32. Kyiv: KNUBA: 11-12 (ukr).
Chepelyk, V.V. 2000а. Ukrainian Architectural Modern. Kyiv: KNUBA, pp. 120 (ukr).
Chepelyk, V.V. 2000b. Formation of the Ukrainian architectural modernism of the early twentieth century. in the context of international creative ties. In the book: Ukrainian Art and Architecture of the End of the XIXth Century of the XX Century. National Academy of Sciences Institute of Art Studies, Folklore Studies and Ethnology. MT Rilsky. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka. P. 74 (ukr).
Chepelyk, V.V. 1994. Ukrainian Art Nouveau in Kharkiv (Profitable Dwelling Houses). Starozhytnosti. No. 5-6 (64-65): 14-16 (ukr).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Oksana Salata
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.