Development of the oil industry in the USA (Part I)
Keywords:oil, natural gas, oil and gas industry, development history, USA
AbstractThe article looks into the history of the oil and gas industry which has been dynamically developing today. Oil and natural gas as well as their processing products have a very long history of use by mankind though the history of the world oil industry counts about as few as 150 years and the gas one less than 100 years. The authors intend to write a series of articles covering the history of the world oil industry, aimed at understanding the "anatomy of success" which is much needed for the domestic industry. This series of articles begins the exploration of the USA oil industry development.
Haiko, G. I. and Biletskyi, V. S., 2013. Mining History. Kyiv-Alchevsk: Publishing House “Kyiv-MohylaAcademy», LADO Publ. of Donbas State Technical University, 542 pp. (ukr).
Shnyukov, Y.F., 2008. Minerals and the World. Kyiv: National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 521 pp. (rus).
Tugendhat, C. and Hamilton, A., 1978. Oil: The Biggest Business [Translat.] Progress, Moscow, 484 pp. (rus).
Fursenko, A. A., 1985. Oil Wars (the late 19th - the early 20th centuries). Nauka, Leningrad, 208 pp. (rus).
Hyne, N. J., 2017. Geology, Exploration, Drilling and Oil Production: Study [Translat.]. Olimp-Biznes, Moscow, 752 pp. (rus).
Gray, Forest, 2003. Petroleum Production [Translat.], Olimp-Biznes, Moscow, 416 pp. (rus).
Мarius, Vassiliou, 2018. Historical Dictionary of the Petroleum Industry. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press (Rowman & Littlefield), 593 pp.
Bringhurst, Bruce, 1979. Antitrust and the Oil Monopoly: The Standard Oil Cases, 1890-1911. Greenwood Press, New York.
Chernow, Ron, 1998. Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr.London: Warner Books.
Yergin, D., 2011. The Prize: The Epic Quest for Oil, Money and Power. Alpina Publisher, Moscow, 944 pp. (rus).
Yergin, D., 2016. The Quest: Energy, Security, and the Remaking of the Modern World. Alpina Publisher, Moscow, 720 pp. (rus).
Economides, M. and Oligney, R., 2004. The Color of Oil. The History, the Money and the Politics of the World’s Biggest Business [Translat.] Olimp-Biznes, Moscow, 256 pp. (rus).
Mesnianko, A., 2015. Oil: People Who Changed the World. Mann, Ivanov and Ferber (MIF), Moscow, 256 pp.
Nevins, Alan. John D. Rockefeller The Heroic Age Of American Enterprise (1940); 710 pp. Available at: https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.74195.
Akiner, Shirin; Aldis, Anne, eds., 2004. The Caspian: Politics, Energy and Security. New York: Routledge.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Gennadiy Gayko, Volodymyr Biletsky
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.