Development of social responsibility of business in China: experience for Ukraine
Keywords:socio-economic responsibility of entrepreneurship, corporate social responsibility, social reporting, charity, state-owned enterprises
The article presents a theoretical review of state regulation of corporate social responsibility in China. The basic legislative acts regulating this sphere are defined. Obligatory social reporting for state-owned enterprises is indicated. It was noted that an important area of regulation of social responsibility of business by the state is the environment, due to the high level of pollution and industrial character of the country's economy. The directions for the development of Ukrainian socio-economic responsibility of entrepreneurship based on China's experience are determined.
Commissioned by the ministry of Foreign Affairs [Netherlands] (2016), Corporate Social Responsibility in China. Available at: https://english.rvo.nl/sites/default/files/2017/03/Factsheet%20CSR%20China.pdf.
Buhmann, K. (2005). Corporate Social Responsibility in China: Current Issues and Their Relevance for Implementation of Law. The Copenhagen Journal of Asian Studies, 22, pp. 62-91, available at: http://ej.lib. cbs.dk/index.php/cjas/article/view/521/551.
Zhang, D. and Morse, S. and Kambhamptati, U., & Li, B. (2014). Evolving corporate social responsibility in China. Sustainability, 6, 7646-7665. DOI: 10.3390/su6117646.
CSR Frame works in China and the European Union Insights for CSR Workshops, CHINA-EUROPA FORUM'S (June 2010), available at: http://www.chinaeuropa-forum.net/bdfdoc-1704_en.html.
Mullich, Joe (2009), Corporate Social Responsibility Emerges in China. The Wall Street Journal. Available at: http://online.wsj.com/ad/article/chinaenergy-responsibility.
CSR Asia(2016). A study on corporate social responsibility development and trends in China. Embassy of Sweden, Beijing. Available at: http://www.csr-asia.com/report/CSR-development-and-trends-in-China-FINAL-hires.pdf.
Huawei as a Case Study (2016). Corporate Social Responsibility in China. The European business review, available at: http://www.europeanbusinessreview.com/corporate-social-responsibility-csr-in-china-huawei-as-a-case-study/.
Tang, B. (2012). Contemporary corporate social responsibility (CSR) in China: A case study of a Chinese compliant. Seven Pillars Institute Moral Cents, 1(2), 13-22.
Parsa, S. &Tang, G., & Dia, N. (2016). How do Chinese businesses view corporate social responsibility? Institutional Institute for Sustainable Development Charitable Trusts (Academic), available at: https://www.icaew.com/-/media/corporate/files/technical/research-and-academics/tecpln14774-charitieschinese-web.ashx.
Shambaugh, David (2014). China at the Crossroads: Ten Major Reform Challenges. Center for East Asian Policy Studies. John L. Thornton China Center. The Brookings Institution, Washington D.C., USA. Available at: https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/01-china-crossroads-reform-challenges-shambaugh-b.pdf.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Maryna Dielini
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.