Modern theological interpretation of the sacramental dimension of missionary activity
Keywords:mission theology, Protestantism, Orthodoxy, modern theology, ecclesiology
The article carries out a systematic analysis of the sacramental dimension of missionary activity and proves that the corresponding concepts are based on modern theological concepts that interpret the mission as the work of God (Missio Dei), and not the work of the church. This interpretation of the mission is designed to overcome the crisis of missionary activity in the West and in the Ukrainian context. Transformations of the theological interpretation of the mission lead to the discovery of the significance of missionary action as a sacramental act of God-human communication. Accordingly, the theological interpretation of the mission ceases to be subjective, but draws attention to the objective and intersubjective nature of the mission as a universal activity of God and the church.
Barrow, Simon (2002). Presence and Prophecy: A Heart for Missionin Theological Education: Study Guide, Church House Publishing, 48 p.
Ahonen, Risto A. (2005), Missionin the new millennium: theological foundations of the world mission [translat.], Svetoch, St.Petersburg, 447 p. (rus).
Bosch, David (1997), Transformations of missionary work: Paradigm shifts in theology of missionary activity [translat.], Bogomysliye, St.Petersburg, 636 p.(rus).
Ivanov, S. A. (2003), Byzantine missionary work: Can a Christian be made from a «barbarian»? Yazyki slavyanskoy kultury, Moskow, 376 p. (rus).
Carver, Vilyam Ouen (1993), Missionary Work and God’s providence, Logos Publishing, Moscow, 191 p.
Missionof the Orthodox Church in the Modern World. Orthodoxy in Ukraine. Available at: http://orthodoxy.org.ua/data/misiya-pravoslavnoyi-cerkvi-v-suchasnomu-sviti.html.
Penner, P. (1999), Teach all nations. Theological Education Mission, W.p., St.Petersburg, 335 p. (rus).
Wright, Christopher J. H. (2015), The Mission of God [translat.], Kollokvium, Cherkassy, 592 p. (rus).
Rusin, Ivan (2017), The concept of the mission in modern Protestant theology Practical Philosophy. 3. 81-88 (rus).
Anniversary Declaration of the UOC, final, compromise variant, which has not been adopted in early 2009 Bohoslovskyy portal. Available at: http://theology.in.ua/ua/bp/theological_library/theological_doc/confessional_doc/47505/.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Serhii Sannіkov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.