The development and activity of the "company of mutual aid of private employees" of Galicia in 1867
Keywords:trade unions, society, employees, charter
The article analyzes the work of the trade union organization "COMPANY OF MUTUAL AID OF PRIVATE EMPLOYEES" of Galicia in 1867, which in fact became the successor to the dissolved by the Austrian authorities in October 1848, the "Company of Private Employees" of Galicia. The purpose of its activity was to support the moral and material interests of private employees. The society was divided into real, advisory and honorary members, and the bodies of the partnership were the Central Department, the Department of Statistics and the Supervisory Board. Permanent cash aid from a partnership, that is, a pension, could be obtained by every one of his real members after 10 years of impeccable, efficient service as a private employee. In general, the painstaking and persistent organizational work of the central department of the COMPANY OF MUTUAL AID OF PRIVATE EMPLOYEES was crowned with great success. According to the report of the central management of the said organization, for the first year of existence (1868), the Society had 2200 real members with 4100 contributions, 496 members of the advisory members with an annual quota of 6400 florins and 359 benefactors who supported the appeal of the board with one-time donations in the quota of 52 333 fl. 43 tst. Only during the first year of its existence, the "Company of Private Employees" managed to create its departments and centers in 71 districts, which went beyond Galicia, and spread to the land of Bukovina, Western Volhynia, Kholmshchyna, Podlyashshya and other lands. This testified to his great popularity among private servants of the region.
Mroczek, M. (2008), Gracja, gracjalisci, kasa przezornosci, czyli o zabezpieczeniu emerytalnym pracownikow ordynacji zamojskiej w latach 1864-1914, Archiwariusz Zamojski, pp. 23-34 (рolish).
Statuta Towarzystwa wzajemnej pomocy Oficyalistow prywatnych (1867), Z drukarni Kornela Pillera, Lwow, 18 p. (рolish).
Gazeta narodowa (1867), 257, pp. 2-3. (рolish).
Bal, S. (1893), Towarzystwo wzajemnej pomocy Oficyalistow prywatnych w pierwszych 25 latach swego istnienia (1868-1892), nakladem Towarzystwa wzajemnej pomocy Oficyalistow prywatnych, Lwow, 131 p. (рolish).
Dodatek tygodniowy przy Gazecie Lwowskiej (1857), 30, p.124 (рolish).
Gazeta Lwowska (1853), 116, p.462. (рolish).
Slowo Polskie (1897), 188, p.1. (рolish).
Gazeta Lwowska (1874), 95, p.3. (рolish).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Ihor Berest
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.