Historical experience of CSTO member states to organize and conduct joint operations in the information area
Keywords:information security, information security threat information, information exchange, cyberinciden, cyberwar, CSTO
Information security is a component of the state national security. In this regard, the urgent issue today is to ensure the security of state information resources, protection of vital interests of society in the information sphere.
The aim of the study is to analyze the main measures CSTO member states to organize and conduct joint operations in the informational area.
The activities of the CSTO is to conduct joint operations in cyberspace, aimed at identifying and blocking the sources of destructive and manipulative information.
For seven years this cooperation suspended the activities of a significant amount of resources. The authorities state that took part in them, have considerable experience of joint coordinated action in this area.
As a result of the conducted research were selected three basic directions of joint activity of states-members of CSTO in informative space: counteraction terrorism, extremism, narcotrade; improvement of mechanism of defence of population from negative informatively psychological influence and creation of Centers of reacting on ciberincident.As an example of such activity is a general operation "PROXIES-SOUTH-2010", conducted during interethnic contradictions on the south of Kyrgyzstan in summer in 2010 . It follows to mark the fact of bringing in of powerful scientific and analytical institutes of states-members of CSTO to work in the area of providing of informative safety and conduct informatively propagandist to activity.
NDSCU is considering cybersecurity and critical infrastructure protection, available at: http://www.president.gov.ua/news/rnbou-rozglyadaye-pitannya-kiberbezpeki-ta-zahistu-kritichno-39330.
Agapov, Р.V. & Efremova, M.A. (2015), International legal bases for ensuring information security of the CIS member states, Legal science and law enforcement practice, № 1(31), available at http://cyberleninka.ru/article.
The portal of CSTO, available at: http://www.odkb.gov.ru/session_fifteen/a.htm.
Information security issues and the CIS, available at: http://lawbook.online/pravovoe-regulirovanie-mejdunarodnoe/voprosyi-informatsionnoy-bezopasnosti-15115.html.
Vus, M.A. & Kucheryavyy, M.M. & Makarov, O.S. & Perekopskiy G.I. (2014), The development of the CSTO information security system, Vlast, № 8, available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/o-sovershenstvovanii-sistemy-informatsionnoy-bezopasnosti-v-odkb.
The portal of Verhovna Rada of Ukrainе, available at: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/997_l67.
Russia conduct large-scale operations against cibercrime, available at: http://www.unian.ua/science/212045-rosiya-provodit-masshtabnu-operatsiyu-proti-kiberzlochinnosti.html.
Conclusion of the National Commission for the Investigation of the June 2010 Events in Southern Kyrgyzstan on January 19-20, 2011, available at: http://www.islamsng.com/kgz/report/991.
CSTO members will conduct Operation Proxy 2010, available at: http://www.diapazon.kz/world/23717-chleny-odkb-provedut-operaciju-proksi-2010.html.
CSTO takes security issues very seriously, available at: http://www.odkb-csto.org/news/detail.php?ELEMENT_ID=2087.
The CSTO will actively combat cybercrime, available at: http://odkb-csto.org/news/detail.php?ELEMENT_ID=558.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Olga Gapeyeva
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.