National identity and formation of modern nations - modern understanding of the problem
Keywords:nation, modern nation, a nation-state, national identity
This article discusses and analyzes the main theoretical and methodological approaches lighting problems of formation and the formation of Art Nouveau nations and national identity, the origins of their ideological, socio - economic and historical foundations. It is believed that in our time, when such concepts as "nation", "modern nation" "nation state" and so on ", etc. i and their scientific understanding, scientific substantiation of these terms, their intellectual and historical content is considered particularly relevant and important.
Anderson B. (2001), Imagined communities: reflections on the origin and spread of nationalism, Krytyka, Kyiv, 271 p. (ukr).
Barth F. (2006 Ethnic groups and boundaries. The social organization of culture difference, Novoye izdatelstvo, Moscow, 200 p. (rus).
Bashler J. (2005), Essay on the general history, Nika-Tsentr, Kyiv, 2005, 392 p.
Brubaker R. (2006), New framework nationalism. Status of the nation and the national question in the new Europe, Kalvariia, Lviv, 280 p. (ukr).
Gellner E. (2003), Nations and Nationalism, Takson, Kyiv, 300 p. (ukr).
Hrytsak Ya. (2004), Passion for nationalism. Historical essays, Krytyka, Kyiv, 343 p. (ukr).
Joseph J. (2005), Logos, № 4 (49), pp. 20-48 (rus).
Calhoun Craig (2006), Nationalism, Territoriya budushchego, Moscow, 288 p. (rus).
Kasianov H. V. (1999), Theories of nation and nationalism, Lybid, Kyiv, 352 p.
Said E. (2001), Orientalism, Osnovy, Kyiv, 511 p. (ukr).
Smith A. (2006), Nations and Nationalism in a Global Era, Nika-Tsentr, Kyiv, 320 p. (ukr).
Smith A. (1994), National Identity, Osnovy, Kyiv, 224 p. (ukr).
Smith A. (2004), The Nation in History, "K.I.S." Publ., Kyiv, 170 p. (ukr).
Hübner K. (2001), Nation: from oblivion to the revival, Kanon, Moscow, 399 p. (rus).
Shpet G. (1989), Introduction to Ethnic Psychology. Works, Pravda, Moscow, 601 p. (rus).
Szporluk R. (2000), Empire and Nation, Dukh i Litera, Kyiv, 354 p. (ukr).
Szporluk R. (1998), Communism and nationalism. Karl Marx to Friedrich List, Osnovy, Kyiv, 479 p. (ukr).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Dmytro Bilyi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.