Posttoynbee's philosophy of history about conflict as a form of interaction between civilizations
Keywords:interaction between civilizations, conflict, a clash of civilizations, East-Ukrainian conflict.
The problem of interaction between civilizations and attempts to solve it in posttoynbee's philosophy of history are considered in the article. Posttoynbee's philosophy of history in the wide sense is the combination of the theories of history that emerged after A. Toynbee, but more correctly is to call posttoynbee's philosophy of history school, which grew out of the Toynbee's teachings about civilization. "Closed" and "open" theoretical models of the understanding of civilizational interaction are analyzed in the article. Philosophical analysis of the conflict as one of the main forms of contemporary interaction between civilizations is carried out. The possibility of a clash of civilizations and its results on a specific example of the East-Ukrainian conflict are discussed.
McNeil W. H. (2001), The Changing Shape of World History, Time of the World. Almanac. V. 2, Siberian Chronograph, Novosibirsk, pp. 16-38 (rus).
Spengler O. (1993), The Decline of the West. Outlines of a Morphology of world history, Mysl, Moscow, 663 p. (rus).
Avanesova G. A. (2004), Intercivilizational interactions in the conditions of the globalization, Theory and practice of culture, V. 2, pp. 63-90. (rus).
Toynbee A. J. (1995),. A Study of History, V.2, Bases, Kyiv, 406 p. (ukr).
Wilkinson D. (2001), Central civilization, Time of the World. Almanac. V. 2, Siberian Chronograph, Novosibirsk, pp. 397-423 (rus).
Huntington S. (2003), The clash of civilizations, AST, Moscow, 603 p. (rus).
Kuznetsova T. F. (2003), Sociocultural interactions and intercultural communications, Philosophical Scienses, V. 5, pp. 129-135 (rus).
Reshetnikova N. S. (2008), The specifics of the Russian civilization in the aspect of its confrontation with the West, The Herald of Volgograd state university, S. 7, Vol. 1, pp. 175-176 (rus).
Münkler H. (2005), Imperien Die Logik der Weltherrschaft - vom Alten Rom bis zu den Vereinigten Staaten, Rowohlt Verlag, Berlin, 332 p. (germ).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Yuliia Brylo
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of facts, quotations, numbers and names used.
2. Manuscripts are not sent back.
3. The publisher does not always agree with the authors' opinion.
4. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
5. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.